Church of Scotland Lochinver
Lochinver is the main village of Assynt with a range of shops, accommodation and other services.
A busy fishing port, Lochinver can provide the full range of services, including tourist information from the Assynt Visitor Centre, which is open during the summer months.
Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland Sunday School
School - The Primary School in the village, on the south edge, next to Loch Culag, takes children from the village and surrounding area.
All secondary school pupils attend Ullapool Secondary some 40 miles away, being bussed daily.
Lochinver Primary School - 01571 844235
Ullapool High School - 01854 612078
Library Service - The Lochinver and Assynt areas are served by the Highland Council Mobile Library Service.
- Doctors - Vine and McLean, Lochinver Medical Centre
- Dentist - no permanent dentist in the Village.
Visiting Dentist from Golspie (01408 633861)
FM Goskirk - Golspie (01408 633448)
DK Goskirk - Dingwall (01349 863376)
Lawson Memorial Golspie (01408 633157)
Raigmore Inverness (01463 704000)
Village Services and Facilities
- Airport, Dalcross, Inverness (01463 232471)
- Bus Station, Inverness (01463 239292/222244)
- Garage & Petrol Station, Lochinver (01571 844236
or if no reply - 01571 855275)
- Leisure Centre - Newly opened in 2004, between the fish quay and the cliff face behind.
- Lifeboat Station, Lochinver (01571 844513)
- Police Station, Lochinver (01571 844222)
- Post Office, Lochinver (01571 844201)
- Railway Station, Lairg - unmanned
Inverness (0345 484950)
- Ranger Service
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Tourist Information Visitor Centre, Lochinver
- Veterinary Surgeons - Rogart Vets, Rogart (01408 641352)
- Village Hall